Setting the pace for philanthropy
UWATX donors are committed to making a difference in our community by investing in the future of Greater Austin. Our giving societies are an opportunity to connect to other dedicated supporters and create a community of giving.
Donors who participate in these groups are taking an extra step to advance United Way’s mission of bringing people and resources together to create opportunities for individuals, families and neighborhoods to prosper.
By participating in our giving societies, you can:
- Network with like-minded leaders at United Way events open to our Leadership givers
- Be recognized as a community leader who wants to make an impact for our community
- Receive special reports on how your investment is making a difference in Greater Austin.
Contact us to get involved with these groups.
United Way for Greater Austin’s Leadership Donors are a diverse group of philanthropists committed to making a difference in Central Texas by investing in our community. Our success depends on the community working together to change people’s lives and create lasting results, and our Leadership Donors form the foundation of that success. When you give a leadership gift of $1,000 or more to UWATX, you make a significant impact in our community, and you advance positive change.
Women’s Leadership Council
The Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) is a leadership giving network of philanthropic women who are making a change in Greater Austin. WLC members are committed to creating a powerful female driven philanthropic force in Central Texas. This strong network of women engages a diverse group who are committed, engaged, and determined to improve early childhood education in Central Texas.
WLC members make a leadership gift of at least $1,200 to United Way for Greater Austin annually. The WLC focuses on United Way’s Success By 6 program, which works to ensure children enter kindergarten happy, healthy and ready for school success.
This year, new WLC members or those who increase their gift and target it to the Success By 6 program will see their dollars doubled dollar for dollar thanks to a challenge match. For example, a $1,200 donation to Success By 6 would mean $2,400 of total impact for the program.
Joining WLC allows you to
- Align your financial contribution and volunteer efforts
- Network with like-minded women and community leaders
- See first-hand how your investment is improving children’s lives in Central Texas
- Be part of a nationally-recognized group of dedicated philanthropic women
- Invitations to Lunch & Learns as well as social and networking events
- Ability to create a special WLC volunteer project
- Opportunity to serve on Executive Committee
- Invitation to WLC Annual Meeting for a special progress report
United Way for Greater Austin’s Young Leaders Society (YLS) is a diverse group of young professionals committed to making a difference in the Austin community by inspiring philanthropy and volunteerism in young Central Texans. YLS members are donors under 40 who give or raise $1,000 to support United Way for Greater Austin annually.
The United Way Tocqueville Society was founded more than 25 years ago in order to deepen the understanding, commitment and support of its most generous and community-minded investors. Tocqueville members contribute $10,000 or more annually. Tocqueville donors are recognized for their strong involvement in the community at special events and local publications and are connected to like-minded Tocqueville donors throughout the world.
Loyal Contributors are those who have given to United Way for more than 10 years, no matter where they worked or how much they gave
- Special notifications of upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
- Special recognition sticker during campaign season (display it in your office or on your computer!)
- Special communications throughout the year