As the saying goes, “Sometimes, there’s too much month left at the end of the money.” And for far too many Central Texans, this is the reality: work hard, make a little money, pay for the bare minimums, then do it all again with the next paycheck.
The result? 40% of Central Texas families live below the Family Budget Estimator (FBE)—the real and basic costs of living in our region.
Includes important and helpful information on:
- Budgeting templates and tips
- Financial goal-setting
- The difference between credit scores and repots
- How to manage and knock out debt
- And much more!
Start Saving Money Today
By signing up for a bank or credit union account, you can deposit your money and pay bills for free or at a low cost. Even if you’ve had problems with an account in the past, have never had an account before or don’t have a Social Security number, you can still open an account in Central Texas.
Bank On Central Texas has more than 40 partner branches in the Greater Austin area. Use the tools on this page to learn more just how easy and affordable opening a bank can be:
- Bank Locator: Bank on Central Texas has more than 40 partner branches in Central Texas. Use our convenient locator tool or call 2-1-1 Texas to find the participating financial partner that’s best for you.
- Financial Toolkits: Learn more about credit, debt and budgeting so you can make informed financial decisions and plan for the future.
- Financial Education Classes and Trainings: Attend financial education sessions in your area; search “financial education” on the 2-1-1 Texas database.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Have questions about opening a bank account? Get your questions answered here.
- Free Tax Preparation: UWATX supports Foundation Communities to provide free high-quality tax return preparation for families and individuals living in the Austin area.