Make a lasting impact on Greater Austin
United Way for Greater Austin works with Austin-area businesses and their employees to give back to the community in various ways.
Benefits of becoming a corporate partner
We’ll give you more than just a warm, fuzzy feeling when you partner with us to make Austin greater–though you will most likely get some of those too!
When you choose to partner with us by running an employee campaign, we will support you in return by creating leadership and volunteer opportunities, promoting your brand online and at events, and providing a UWATX Corporate Relations team member to guide you every step of the way.
UWATX provides an opportunity for businesses to empower employees to be philanthropists by donating a portion of every paycheck back to the community. We run more than 200 campaigns in nearly 700 locations in the Austin area. Employee campaigns include:
- An easy way to give back, whether it’s $1/week or $10K/year through simple payroll deduction
- The opportunity for anyone to be a philanthropist
- A philanthropic advantage for your business, which can attract talent and positions you as a caring community leader
- Campaign support from UWATX, including a Corporate Relations team member dedicated to your campaign, our useful campaign toolkit, supplies and training
Hands On Central Texas, our volunteer arm and Austin’s largest volunteer network, offers community engagement opportunities for teams and individuals. We even provide leadership training so you can begin leading your own projects. Through Hands On, our partners gain access to:
- Volunteer Project Leadership training
- Chance to participate in community-wide Days of Caring
- Team-building projects; we will find or create the right opportunity for your unique team
- Individual volunteering opportunities and business-wide volunteer tracking
UWATX is proud of the work our partners do to help Greater Austin thrive. To promote the great work you’re doing, we offer:
- Co-marketing online, in print or at events
- Event sponsorship
- And more–let’s get creative together!
UWATX works to grow the next generation of community leaders by providing professional development opportunities:
- Employee Campaign Leadership (ECL): Inspire your coworkers and create positive change by leading your company’s employee campaign
- Volunteer Project Leadership (VPL): Learn how to create and lead your own successful volunteer projects
- Loaned Executive opportunities: For the ECLs who want to take their giving one step further, help us manage other companies running campaigns
- UWATX Leadership Council positions: Use your expertise to guide future decisions made by UWATX
We don’t just care about your employees giving back–we also care about them getting the help they may need too. To ensure employees have access to quality support services, UWATX provides courses on key topics and promotes our Navigation Center, which connects callers to more than 30,000 health and human services in Central Texas. We can provide for your employees:
- UWATX Navigation Center information
- Learn Where You Earn financial courses
- Lunch and Learn information sessions to get a deeper understanding of our work