New Volunteer Database Under Construction!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the United Way for Greater Austin. We’ve got a great new database coming soon, but until then, please reach out directly with any questions to email@example.com.
Our Family Volunteer Series continues Saturday, July 14 from 10am-12pm at UWATX HQ (2000 E. MLK Jr. Blvd., Austin, TX 78702). You can RSVP here.
Family Volunteer Days are fun events with multiple volunteer projects that are accessible to volunteers of all ages. Whether you come with small children, your team from work, or just yourself, we look forward to creatively impacting our community and helping young volunteers see that they can make a difference. Volunteers of all ages are welcome, but any volunteers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times. We look forward to volunteering alongside you!
Get out into the Community, Make a Difference
United Way for Greater Austin Volunteers strengthens communities through meaningful volunteer action and strives to inspire, equip and mobilize people to change lives through service. We engage thousands of Central Texans in volunteerism annually and empower people to make volunteering a regular part of their lives.
Our volunteer action team offers something for everyone, ranging from one-time volunteer projects to those requiring a more significant time commitment. Our goal is to make volunteering accessible to everyone and to help you or your team connect your interest and passion to a community need.
UWATX Volunteers is a trusted partner, aligning volunteer human capital, financial resources, in-kind donations and project management expertise with the needs of our community. We have organized volunteer projects benefiting our local parks and trails, nonprofit agencies, schools, and community centers.
Volunteering as a company team improves employee morale, creates bonds among coworkers, helps employees understand how your company gives back and fosters pride in your company. In fact, studies show that employees stay longer if you involve them in social causes.
UWATX Volunteers coordinates corporate volunteer projects that double as team-building activities. We build stronger communities in ways that also build stronger businesses, including:
- Team-building through a highly customized and managed volunteer project at one of our partnering non-profits (campus beautification, gardening, painting, construction, etc.)
- Coordinating a kit build project on-site at your office or hotel (if visiting)
- Add on a tailor-made scavenger hunt to your kit build where teams compete by completing a service project, answering trivia about Austin and/or your company, taking photos and scavenging items
- Sponsor a United Way for Greater Austin Day of Caring (Spring or Fall) and take your employees offsite to volunteer
- Sponsor a United Way for Greater Austin Family Volunteer Series event and encourage employees to bring their little ones to come and volunteer as a family at UWATX headquarters
Depending on your goals for your corporate volunteerism, your budget and your timeframe, our team can work with you to plan a volunteer event that will be both fun for your employees and impactful for the Austin community.
Contact us today to learn more and find a project that’s right for your team.
If your organization is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, we can assist you in recruiting volunteers to support your mission. The volunteer database is a free resource for nonprofits throughout Central Texas to utilize to recruit, track service hours and communicate with potential volunteers. To get started using the database, register your organization so potential volunteers can learn about your work and sign up for your organization’s upcoming opportunities.
To browse current projects near you or sign up to volunteer, check out the volunteer opportunity calendar. This details volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including our Days of Caring that run in the spring and fall and our quarterly Family Volunteer Series. In addition to our events, you can also view and sign up for volunteer opportunities with dozens of other local nonprofit organizations.
United Way for Greater Austin hosts several events each year to raise much-needed funds for our programs. Your generous sponsorship supports initiatives that are vital to making our community a better place to live. Donations support the totality of our work and help to get more kids ready for school, more families stable and self-sufficient and more people connected to the resources they need.
How does your company benefit from becoming a United Way for Greater Austin Volunteers corporate sponsor?
- Benefit from year-round local visibility
- Increase your brand exposure and elevate your corporate identity
- Reinforce your company’s reputation as a strong corporate citizen to your customers, employees and residents
- Support year-round activities which allow United Way to direct more donor dollars to make a greater impact in the community
- Partner with United Way as we work to fight poverty, build a stronger community and impact thousands of lives
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.