Congratulations and thank you to each of our campaign award winners! Your commitment and investment in the community makes a life a little better for thousands of children, families and adults of all ages!
- Partner of the Year – H-E-B Stores in Williamson County
- Large Campaign of the Year Award (1,000+ employees) – St. David’s HealthCare
- Mid-size Campaign of the Year Award (100-999 employees) – Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation
- Small Campaign of the Year Award (Less than 100 employees) – First Texas Bank Round Rock
- Most Improved Campaign of the Year – Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation
- Volunteer Partner of the Year – Dell, Inc.
- Campaign Coordinator of the Year – Joyce Hanson, H-E-B
- Community Builder Awards – Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation, St. David’s HealthCare, TD Industries
- Outstanding Employee Campaign Awards were also presented to Enflite, Inc., H-E-B Round Rock (RR 620/O’Connor) and H-E-B Cedar Park (Parmer/1431), JCPenney, Oncor, Scott & White Round Rock Hospital, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation, TD Industries and Wells Fargo locations in Williamson County.
United Way of Williamson County (UWWC) recognized the people, businesses and nonprofits that create real change, and impact lives of thousands of Williamson County residents, at its annual campaign celebration on May 9, 2012.
Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation in Round Rock was the big winner with four awards including, Mid-Size Campaign of the Year, Community Builder Award, Most Improved Campaign of the Year and Outstanding Employee Campaign Award. The ten H-E-B stores in Williamson County were recognized as Campaign Partner of the Year and St. David’s HealthCare was recognized as Large Campaign Partner of the Year. Additional awards included LIVE UNITED Volunteer Partner of the Year, Campaign Coordinator of the Year, and Small Campaign Partner of the Year.
“When we come together and put our efforts and energies into making sure people have the basics of a good life – a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health – we are creating real change in our communities.” said Ed Komandosky, UWWC Vice-Chair. “The needs in the community will always outweigh the resources – especially as Williamson County continues to grow. However, it is because of the willingness of workplace campaign partners to LIVE UNITED that we are able to impact lives not only for today, but for generations to come.”
“St. David’s HealthCare is honored to receive this recognition because it is reflective of our employee’s compassionate commitment to the entire community,” said Hugh Brown, Chief Executive Officer of St. David’s Georgetown Hospital and Board Member of United Way of Williamson County. “During last year’s campaign, as the staffs of the St. David’s facilities in Georgetown and Round Rock learned about the great work being done by United Way they responded generously and in larger numbers than ever before. I am very proud to be part of such a giving team.”
“We are especially grateful for the generosity shown by our workplace campaign partners during the recent economic uncertainty,” said LeAnn Powers, Chief Professional Officer of United Way of Williamson County. “Because of the support, commitment, and dedication of our workplace campaign partners, over $500,000 dollars is being given to support the work of nonprofit organizations for this coming funding year.” Powers went on to share that another $95,000 has been designated directly to registered 501(C)(3) nonprofit agencies through workplace campaigns and increased funding will be available to support United Way education, financial stability and health coalition work in Williamson County.