Fireworks, barbecue and patriotism are just a few things that come to mind when thinking about the Fourth of July. You might have plans to spend some time at the lake with family, have a potluck-style picnic with friends or you may still be on the search for ideas. We compiled a list of Fourth of July festivities taking place in Austin and surrounding areas:
- 4th of July Fireworks and Symphony at Auditorium Shores – Come out to Auditorium Shores and enjoy a variety of food, drinks and live music. The symphony performance begins at 7:30 p.m. and fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. Best of all – it’s completely free.
- Hill Country Galleria Independence Day Festival – The Hill Country Galleria will celebrate the Fourth of July this year with more than 75 vendors, live music, family fun, barbecue and a fireworks show at 9:45 p.m. to end the night. Live music begins at 4:15 p.m. and will include Vallejo, Dawn & the Hawkes, T Bird & The Breaks and Uncle Lucius. Parking and admission is completely free. Attendees are also encouraged to bring their dogs!
- Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic – Austin legend Willie Nelson will play at the Circuit of America’s racetrack along with 20 other artists including Eric Church, Merle Haggard, Asleep at the Wheel and more. There will be picnic tables where fans can eat, drink, celebrate and watch their favorite artists perform. Parking opens at 10:00 a.m., gates open at 11:00 a.m. and music starts at 11:15 a.m. Ticket prices range from $35 to $75.
- Lago Vista 4th of July Celebration – Head over to Lago Vista’s Bar K Recreational Park to enjoy a day of fun events for the whole family. Events include a patriotic parade, Firecracker 5K & Fun Run, classic car show and more. End the night with a spectacular firework show off the shore of Lake Travis. Daytime events begin at 7:30 a.m. and fireworks will start at 9:30 p.m.
- July Fourth Frontier Days Celebration in Round Rock – This celebration includes a parade, carnival rides, a jalapeno eating contest, movies in the park and of course, fireworks. Fourth of July festivities will begin with free watermelon at the Lakeview pavilion in Old Settlers Park and include music from the Austin Symphonic Band. The parade begins at 10 a.m. and there will be plenty of daytime events. The night will end with fireworks at dark.
- West Lake Hills July 4th Parade – Starting at 9:00 a.m. on Fourth of July, the City of West Lake Hills will host their parade led by the Westlake Fire Department. There will be a costume contest and bounce house for the kids to enjoy. Bring canned goods for the Capital Area Food Bank and receive a raffle ticket for each can that is donated.
Feeling extra philanthropic this Fourth of July? We’ve got you covered:
- 5th Annual Corn Dog Eating Contest at Black Sheep Lodge – Beginning at 2:30 p.m., Black Sheep Lodge will host their 5th Annual Corn Dog Eating Contest. There is a $20 entry fee, but each contestant gets a free T-shirt, and the champion will take home a $250 cash prize. All entry fees as well as a portion of the sales during this event will benefit Austin Pets Alive.
- Volunteer at the Ramsey Park July 4th Celebration – Volunteer for a 45 minute shift from 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. or 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m to help set up carnival games, food sales or clean up. This Rosedale neighborhood celebration will include a watermelon feast, water balloon tossing contest, children’s carnival and bake sale.
Whether you are volunteering or enjoying a firework show, have fun and be safe this weekend!