If you thought our program Hands On Central Texas has been outstanding in its community engagement efforts over the past two years, wait until you see what it can do with a three-year grant from Hands On Network and The Corporation for National and Community Service.
The three-year grant, valued at $82,497 per year, for a total of $247,491, was awarded after a comprehensive review process, is going to make it possible for Hands On to work some real magic in our community. Mando tells us that “this award will allow us to increase the momentum around creating real community engagement and change. We will be able to continue to innovate, educate, inspire and engage more people. Develop more volunteer leaders from within different communities and provide real solutions that ultimately help more Central Texans have the opportunity to succeed in life.”
In 2009, get ready for more of the projects and programs you know and love, and then some! Check back at the Hands On site often for:
- Days of Service – large volunteer impact days
- Volunteer Project Leader Training – equipping volunteers to organize and lead neighborhood projects
- Hands On Innovation Workshops – workshops and classes about new trends and techniques that accelerate social change
- Skills-based Volunteer Program – match volunteers to opportunities based on specific skills & interests
- Live United Film Series – increase awareness and understanding of social issues via film (documentaries) followed by community discussion
- Natural Leaders – environmentally focused education and volunteer project skill development training
- Culture Connections – engaging and equipping low-income & communities of color to create change in their communities.