Austin Travis County Mental Health Mental Retardation Center (ATCMHMR) hosts a legislative forum open to the public. This is your chance to speak directly to members of the Travis County Delegation to discuss concerns and ideas dealing specifically with behavioral health and developmental disabilities.
This free event features a panel discussion by members of the Travis County Delegation, moderated by ATCMHMR Executive Director, David Evans. The forum will cover:
- Continuation of funding for Mental Health Crisis Services
- Funding to address service capacity and expansion for children and adult behavioral health and developmental disability services (Currently Travis County has over 800 individuals on the wait list for mental health services and 1,300 individuals on the interest list for developmental disabilities services)
- Promotion for increase of Medicaid rates and general revenue to allow for competitive wages, utilize technologies, increase medical personnel and other basic services to provide quality care, mental health and developmental disability services
- Identifying resources for much-needed state hospital facilities and services
- Finding community based alternatives and treatment for adult and juvenile offenders with brain-based disorders.
Contact Erika Canales at (512) 440-4063 for more information.