When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’
– Mr. Rogers
This week, tragic events in West, Texas and Boston, Massachusetts have tested our communities. At the same time, a powerful message has spread – one of hope, kindness and togetherness.
At United Way, we are a strong network – a network of local organizations serving our local communities, a network of philanthropists giving our time and resources and a network of people sharing our compassion.
If you’re looking to make a difference in this time, here’s how you can get involved:
Give to United Ways in affected communities –
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley continues to help Boston
- To support our neighbors, donate now to the recovery in West, Texas. UWATX will pool these dollars along with United Ways across Texas to ensure this community has the support it needs in the days and months ahead. If you’d like to give in another way, please contact us.
Spread the word about how to help –
- Share this blog post to let others know about their options or this Facebook post
- Share posts from our sister organizations in Boston and Waco
- Follow 2-1-1 Texas on Facebook and encourage your friends and family to call our Navigation Center at 2-1-1 for the latest information