From his statements about poverty to his resilient spirit and drive to create positive change, Nelson Mandela has long been an inspiration for us at UWATX. This Mandela Day, we hope you’ll reflect on some of the wise words shared by this great man and be inspired too.
Inspirational quotes from Nelson Mandela:
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
- There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children. – Nelson Mandela
- Our human compassion binds us the one to the other – not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future. – Nelson Mandela
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela
- No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated. – Nelson Mandela
- We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. – Nelson Mandela
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. – Nelson Mandela
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. – Nelson Mandela
- Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice. Like Slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings. – Nelson Mandela
Who has been an inspiration in your life? What has motivated you to get behind a cause or idea? Let us know in the comments!