Something special happens when we Live United… when we come together and root for our team: The Greater Austin community. And that’s exactly what we did on the morning of August 28th at our Live United Breakfast. Our Board, team, donors, community partners, volunteers, advocates, and champions came together to celebrate our community impact with all the people who made it happen.
Here are just a few highlights from the Live United Breakfast that we’re especially excited about:
1. We published our
2018-2019 Community Impact Report.
Last year, we impacted more than 47,000 children and families, invested more than $7 million directly into our community, and answered more than 390,000 calls for assistance.
And so much more.
2. Keynote Speaker Andy Loughnane, President of Austin FC, reminded us what makes the Greater Austin community special and shared how he Lives United.
Thank you to Kristin Marcum, President of Elizabeth Christian PR and United Way Board Member, for leading that conversation with Andy (pictured above).
Five lucky attendees even won an Austin FC scarf.
3. We debuted our Live United video.
Watch and be inspired.
4. Everyone there inspired us with their commitment to Live United.
How will you Live United? Here are a few ways you can take that next step.
- Join a United Way donor network to get involved, stay connected and advocate for change. Give Now >
- Volunteer during United Way’s Fall Day of Caring. Sign Up >
- Encourage your business to be a Family-Friendly Workplace. (We’ve got a toolkit to make it easy.) Take the Pledge >