Every day, teachers in our community touch the lives of students and parents in significant ways. They work to ensure our children receive high-quality education and they encourage, support and prepare students for their future.
At United Way for Greater Austin, we all have memories of teachers who connected with us when were students. As parents, we all know teachers who know how to reach our kids, and who inspire them to succeed. As an organization that works in early child care and supports middle schoolers, we have the opportunity to work with and support educators every day who are committed to creating positive learning environments for all students.
Through our Target Graduation program, which provides support to youth during those tough middle school years, UWATX works to positively impact the culture of learning in schools – making is easier for teachers to focus on their work while assuring students get the additional services they need.
“United Way’s Middle School Matters (a Target Graduation initiative) has been a great resource for our school,” said one Webb Middle School teacher. “Teachers and students lives have been changed for the better based on the services provided. I don’t think our school would have been as strong as it is in terms of students support if United Way was not here.”
Join us this week as we say “Thank you!” to teachers in the Central Texas community!
There are a number of ways you can thank a teacher this week:
- Leave a special treat on a teacher’s desk or in the teacher’s lounge.
- Write a note to a special teacher and share the impact they had on you
- Send a card to your child’s teacher – teachers love to hear from parents!
- Buy books or other school supplies for the classroom – teachers are always in need of these!
- Want other creative ideas? See Whole Kids Foundation Pinterest board: DIY Teacher Gifts